Our district's Grants Department manages a number of diverse programs and projects. Originally comprised of the Safe Schools/Healthy Students management office, this department now holds the primary responsibility for sustaining the following programs formerly funded through SS/HS:
- Our “See it, Stop it, NO BULLYING” Campaign
- Job Readiness Training, a partnership between KCSD and the SC Dept. of Juvenile Justice.
- PBIS, Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports
- After School and Out-Of-School programming through Boys & Girls Clubs, including the Jackson Teen Center and several 21st Century Learning Center grants, multiple Be Great Academy sites.
- The United Way’s Mentoring Program
- Overseeing the annual Communities That Care student survey, a vital tool in assessing our effectiveness and in seeking additional grant funding for future programs and projects.
In addition, this department also manages the following:
- The COMPASS Project, a $1.2 mm 3-year Elementary School Counseling Grant.
- The University of South Carolina’s College of Social Work Student Interns program.
- Outreach relationships with local, state and federal grant funding sources and resources.
Our Grants Department will also be instrumental in identifying unmet needs, developing future programs to meet those needs, and seeking grant or other funding resources to make these programs a reality.